Board :Tales of the People
Author :Archon Iyagi
Subject :"The Prince's Grand Adventure" by Otome
Date :2/18
The snoring of the guard resonates in the hallway. I could hear iron hitting each other. I quietly exit the room and walk out of the hallway. After carefully confirming that a person did not pass by, I left the palace.

As I cross a very small bridge, I see a dog that is always waiting. The dog has little hair and is very thin, so I can see bones over the leather. He is always a friend who suits my trip. I call him Chun. After giving the bones of the pig hidden at dinner, I headed more to the center with the dog.

As I walked for about 10 minutes, I heard a crying sound somewhere. I met the woman as I followed the dim sound on the bridge on a very small river.  Wearing a white hat, she was sobbing under the moonlight. Chun went around her to comfort the woman, but her tears did not stop.

I remember my mother telling me one day. 'If you saw a girl crying, don't pass by.'

"Why are you crying?"

Her eyes, which looked at me through her fingers covering her face, became big.

"I'm sorry boy. But I'm fine."

I once saw my mother crying. My mother said the same thing. At that time, I couldn't say anything, but now it's different.

"I can listen to it. I can understand it."

Her story was like this. She is the daughter of a famous merchant in the region and she said she has a boyfriend of a childhood friend.

Her father started a very big project and she also have to leave this village. However, unable to give up his work here, he could not leave the village.

One day, I saw my father and mother arguing. I didn't know the details, but I couldn't understand why they shouted while raising their voices. As my parents did, the cause of their relationship seemed very simple.

She pointed toward the park, where there was a man who looked like a blacksmith. His firm body, big hands, and expression were blunt.

"Get along with her now."

Listening to me, he looked down at me without answering. Chun closed his tail as if he were discouraged.

"Don't care about me."

He treated me like a child who came to receive candy.

'Please leave the room'

That day, my father told me. I quietly closed the door and left, but not today.

"Don't you love her?"

He did not answer.

"Don't you love her?"

Asked again.

"I love her! But....!"

He shouted so loudly that it resonated in the park. This is complicated. He spoke in a small voice.

"Do you really think so?"

Again, silence continued. He was lost in thought for a few minutes before taking off his hat. He took the candy out of his pocket, handed it to me, and patted me on the head.

"Thank you."

In a low voice, he said. He headed to the bridge and hugged her hard. Now there seemed to be no complicated problem..

A little further away from the center of the city, I stopped. It was the national cemetery of the kingdom.

My mother's health has deteriorated since that day. I don't know what my father said to her, but after my mother's death, my father's speech decreased.

I headed to the place where she was buried. A humble tombstone with nothing on it. My mother, who was a queen, always liked simple things.

"I can listen to it.... I can understand it today..."

There are no complicated problems, but only simple feelings of sadness flow. What should I do? I go back to the palace after asking endless questions to the tombstone where the answer does not return..

Otome